Nevada Legal Press, Clark County Legal News, newspaper, news, legal, legal newspaper, legal news, legal notice, legal ad, legal advertising, legal publication, publish a legal notice, publish a legal ad, publication, real estate, government, corporate kit, corporate kits, corporation kit, corporation kitsClark, Clark County, Nye, Nye County, County, Nye County Nevada, Nevada, Nye County Newspaper, Pahrump, Pahrump Valley, Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, Boulder City, Bunkerville, Mt. Charleston, Jean, Primm, Laughlin, Nevada, Southern Nevada
Information Regarding ...
Nevada Revised Statute 80.190.1 (d) requires that Annual Statements include "the mailing or street address of the corporation's office in this state, if one exists."
Nevada Revised Statute 78.090 states that "The street address of the registered agent is the registered office of the corporation in this State."
The street address of the company's registered agent is the address of the company in Nevada.
Nevada Address of Insurance Companies
The Nevada address of insurance companies is handled a little differently than other entities registered with the Nevada Secretary of State.
If the insurance company is registered with the Nevada Secretary of State, then, for the purposes of its Annual Statement, its Nevada address is the address of its registered agent.
If the insurance company is registered with the Nevada Division of Insurance, then, for the purposes of its Annual Statement, its Nevada address is the address of the Nevada Commissioner of Insurance because the Commissioner acts as the attorney/agent to receive service of legal process issued against the insurer in this state. (see NRS 680A.250 below)
The address of the Nevada Commissioner of Insurance is ...
1818 E COLLEGE PKWY STE 103
CARSON CITY NV 89706
NRS 680A.250 Commissioner agent for service of process for certain insurers.
1. Before the Commissioner may authorize it to transact insurance in this state, each insurer must appoint the Commissioner, and the Commissioner's successors in office, as its attorney to receive service of legal process issued against the insurer in this state. The appointment must be made on a form as designated and furnished by the Commissioner, and must be accompanied by a copy of a resolution of the board of directors or like governing body of the insurer, if an incorporated insurer, showing that those officers who executed the appointment were authorized to do so on behalf of the insurer.
2. The appointment must be irrevocable, must bind the insurer and any successor in interest to the assets or liabilities of the insurer, and must remain in effect as long as there is in force any contract of the insurer in this state or any obligation of the insurer arising out of its transactions in this state.
3. Service of such process against a foreign or alien insurer must be made only by service thereof upon the Commissioner.
4. Service of such process against a domestic insurer may be made as provided in this section, or in any other manner provided by Nevada Rules of Civil Procedure.
5. At the time of application for a certificate of authority the insurer shall file the appointment with the Commissioner, together with a designation of the person to whom process against it served upon the Commissioner is to be forwarded. The insurer shall provide written notice to the Commissioner of any change of such a designation by a new filing.
back to home page
- All Rights Reserved -
The contents of the Nevada Legal Press
may not be re-published, resold, or reproduced in any
manner whatsoever, in whole or in part without the express written permission of the publisher.